Thursday, March 17, 2022

Xenorama #36 the Mark of Xorro!

 

Here is the cover for the next issue, which is under review at Amazon, but I don't think there will be any problems with it.  It should be on sale soon!  It features a lot of Zorro movies, plus some great reviews about some other adventure movies to fill out the issue.  It isn't often you can find Godzilla, Zorro, the Three Stooges and the Scarecrow of Romney Marsh all in the same issue!  There are all the more well known Zorro movies and shows, plus a few of the lesser known ones.  Some of the movies are better than others, I'll tell you what.  When I started this issue, about two years ago Amazon had a lot of strange masked rider movies available to view, so I watched them back then.

I didn't make too much of the Zorro/Batman connection, since it's pretty apparent and even Bob Kane and Bill Finger admitted it.   I love both characters, though The Fox is far less ubiquitous these days than the Bat.  Until 1965 there sure were a lot more Zorro movies and shows.  Wonder what happened then?

No comments: