Saturday, June 4, 2022

Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla

 

The original and best version, that is.  I recently got a great article about this movie, and it will be featured in Xenorama #40, the 30th Anniversary issue.  I am really grateful for all the contributors to Xenorama over all the years.  I also love this movie a lot, and think it is the best of the five 70s Godzilla movies.  It is really engaging and just fun.  I could watch it once a month, if I had the desire to do so. I like to make my viewings not so frequent, though.The letterboxed versions are so great to watch, though.  Seeing it that way makes the movies seem so much bigger than they do in pan and scan versions.  I do wish that Titra had been able to do the US dubs for them, though I am so used to the versions from Hong Kong it would be odd to hear a new dub.

No comments: