Thursday, June 2, 2022

Perils of Penelope Pitstop

 

This is my DVD set of The Perils of Penelope Pitstop.  It was released on May10, 2005.  I don't remember exactly when I bought the set, but it wasn't too long after that, I am sure.  I got the other two related sets all around the same time frame.  Last night I finally opened the set to watch the show.  I mean, I removed the actual plastic wrap from the set.  I can't believe I have had this at least 15 years without ever watching it.  I remember thinking I should watch this.  I had opened Dastardly and Muttley almost immediately.  That is the show I saw the most when growing up.  I watched all of Wacky Races last year, and finally got to this show.  It sure is in great shape now, I'll tell you what.

It is a fun show, and there is no laugh track on it.  Penelope is an heiress, which tells us why she can race around the world.  Somehow the Anthill Mob have reformed and are now Penelope's ostensible protectors.  Chug-a -boom is nearly sentient, and is obviously a forerunner of Speed Buggy.  It is an homage to serials from the olden days, and well done.  Paul Lynde is great as the Hooded Claw, and even references Dick Dastardly in the first episode.  I still can't believe I have had this for so long and it was still wrapped.

No comments: