Thursday, June 9, 2022

Ms. Marvel 01- Generation Why

 

Kamala Khan is a junior in high school and loves superheroes.  She and her pal Bruno are planning on going to AvengerCon.  Both of them are going through the trials and tribulations of teenage years, which are familiar to any who went through them (unless they have turned into an adult, shudder),  Kamala is from a traditional Muslim family and her favorite hero is Captain Marvel.  There is some mystery about her grandmother,  Kamala wants to give her Captain Marvel costume some flair of her own heritage, which is a wrist band from the old country.  This wrist band gives her powers right in the middle of the costume contest.  Is this magical or alien?  Yet another mystery to explore. I know nothing about Kamala Khan, other than she is the new Ms Marvel.  I have never read a single comic book about her.  The original Ms. Marvel I am quite familiar with, and have read all of her original run from back in the 70s.  I know Carol Danvers and I like her.  After this first episode of Ms. Marvel, I like Kamala as well.    How many unknown magical or alien artifacts are on the Earth?  I know this is to introduce Kamala so we are prepared for The Marvels later on.  Too bad Mary Marvel can't be included.

No comments: