Monday, June 13, 2022

Spider-Woman promo

 

Somehow I missed this cartoon when it aired on ABC for the 1979 cartoon season.  I am sure if I had known about it I would give it a glance, but I knew at that time superhero cartoons tended to be very boring, as in the action was more limited than the animation.  After watching it now, I mostly enjoyed it, though there was a lot of inconsistency with Jessica's powers.  It seems like the writers just made them up on the spot.  Of course, her origin was different than the hastily created comic book, but then, it has changed a lot since then anyway.  I am starting to hate retcons these days. The show does look good, though.  I wish some more care had gone into the scripts.  Spider-Man shows up in two episodes, and sounds like a complete moron talking to Jessica.  That was supposed to be funny, but came across as condescending.  It was nice to hear Paul Soles voicing Spidey again.  There will be a more in depth look at this Spider-Woman in an upcoming issues of Xenorama!

No comments: