Sunday, June 19, 2022

Sven- Forbidden Planet (1956)

 

This blog has a few posts about this wonderful movie, but I don't think I have ever actually reviewed it.  Of course, it has been reviewed for almost 70 years now, and there probably isn't that much more I can add to it.  I knew Sven would have to cut some scenes from it, since it runs 98 minutes, but they let us know and most of the edits would only be noticeable to someone who knew the movie very well.  You know, like me.  What was fun is that my sainted mom, Agent F, watched it with me last night.  She had already seen the repeat of Columbo.  I am almost sure this was the first time she had seen the movie.  I think what sealed the deal was when I told her that it was one of the inspirations for Star Trek.

So she had questions (this is a common occurrence during movies) but Sven answered a lot of them when he would talk about the trivia.  He really did limit his bits for the movie.  I would point out who the Trek characters were influenced by, and she liked seeing the stars, especially Richard Anderson (Oscar Goldman) when they were young. 

Next week- How To Make A Monster

No comments: