Monday, June 27, 2022

Hardy Boys books, old school

 

Growing up I loved reading these books.  My school library had a few of them, and so did the city library.  Eventually I owned about 10 of the books.  They are easy reads, even back then, but I quite enjoyed them.  I also liked Nancy Drew and the much rarer Tom Swift, Jr.   I of course, wanted to read them in order, but that was not going to happen.  I knew friends who had a few of the books as well.  They are pretty fun overall, and not much of a mystery to older eyes.

I had no idea of the history of the books, nor that they got "updated" a bit every 20 years or so.  These particular volumes were dated from the 60s, and I took this picture about four years ago.  Same books.  I am glad they are available for kids to read.  Same school library, as well, by the way.    I didn't know The Hardy Boys and Nancy were written by a lot of the same people, under a house name.  Some things really are classics.

No comments: