Monday, June 20, 2022

Conversations With Phantoms (2020)

I am not sure how I found out about this wonderful book.  I think I was googling some information about Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park (1978) and there was a post about it.  So I went looking for it and found it.  It is a real labor of love, and very enjoyable.  Writer Ron Albanese loves the movie, but is not blind to the faults in it.  I like to think it's the same kind of attitude I have with this, and many other, movies and show.  He interviews a lot of people from the movie, including former KISS manager Bill Acoin and directer Gordon Hessler.  The writers, producers and many other people are interviewed as well.  He also writes about the characters in the movie and gives backgrounds on everything.

I do think the book could be put together a bit better, as the chapters are not presented on the right hand page to start with.  That is just me, though.  It is too bad he didn't get to interview any of the boys about the movie, though I doubt Peter and Ace remember too much about it.  I really enjoy his writing style, though, and would be interested in reading more books.
 

No comments: