Sunday, June 26, 2022

Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021)

A woman inherits her father's house when he dies.  This helps, since she just got evicted.  It is in a small town in Oklahoma.    She brings her two kids so they can spend the summer going through the house to see if there is anything worth salvaging.  Surprise surprise, the owner of the house was a GhostBuster, but we don't know which one.  The mysteries continue as ghosts start showing up, and the family has to figure everything out to save both the town and possibly the planet.

I liked it.  When I saw the first trailer I thought it was a fan made thing, since I recognized no one in the movie.  I don't think Ant-Man was featured.  Then I heard nothing else about it.  The trailer also looked a little too serious.  I'm glad it was still a fun movie, and it was respectful to the legacy of the first movie.  It had all the proper cameos, so that was nice.  Bill Murray sure aged, though, whereas Sigourney Weaver looks nearly the same.  I did miss Lewis Tully, though.

And where was Slimer?

No comments: