Wednesday, April 19, 2023

HOTW- Astro Boy

 

Astro Boy was a robot made as a replacement for a deceased son of a brilliant scientist.  This is the same story in all the adaptions of the manga, no matter what language.  Astro is an extremely powerful robot (or android, take your pick).  He battles villains, other robots and even aliens.  During the course of the series he even manages to strike a blow for the rights of robots to exist.  And then at the very end of the series Astro proves he is far more human than anyone would believe, what with the sacrifice he makes for humankind.

Once again, I never saw Astro Boy growing up.  I learned of him sometime in the later 70s, but I have no real nostalgia for the series.  I don't think I ever saw an episode until the mid-90s.  I liked it, but was not blown away by the show.  I like it more now.

Astro Boy- or Tetsuwan Atom is one of the most well known cartoon characters in the world.  He has had several series and movies made about him.  I even saw the one from 2009 IN THE THEATER.  I liked that just fine as well.

No comments: