Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Xenorama #53!

 

Xenorama #53 is in the process of being approved as I type this out.  The Space Giants will walk the Earth once more in order to stop the evil mastermind Rodak!  This issue will feature both the live-action television show and the thirteen episode OVA from 1993.  The show was pretty rare in the US until the 90s when VHS tapes started showing up with traders.  I watched it once, and even with the redubbed audio over cleaner copies from laser disc it didn't grab my attention back then.  It was a different type of show than, say, Ultraman.

However, I quite enjoy it now.  It is very unique with effects as well as the plot.  I would have been very interested in it as a kid, since Rodak was in every episode as the main baddy.  We didn't get much of that back then.  And to see him finally defeated would have been a new experience.  Most US shows had the villains getting away all the time.

So get ready, it will be available soon!

No comments: