Thursday, April 27, 2023

KISS Destroyer cover

 

I love this album cover.  I love the LP as well, but the cover is amazing.  I bought this record right around the same time that the first Marvel comic book starring KISS was released.  I didn't really have any idea what to expect from it.  The opening song, "Detroit Rock City" sure wasn't quite what I thought it would be, what with a car crash at the end of the song.  The rest of the album was amazing as well. I of course had no idea about the making of the LP at that time, nor what went into the production.  I naively assumed that the band went into the studio, plugged in and recorded the songs.  Ha!   I was also only vaguely aware of how many songs were about sex.  I laugh at young me now, but I also kinda miss him.

But this cover... Ken Kelly did an amazing job.  It fits the LP so well. The costumes are superb.  It fired my imagination and I wanted to know what happened behind the cover.  Kelly would later do the Love Gun cover, which is great, but not quite as awesome as this one.

No comments: