Sunday, April 16, 2023

Sven- This Island Earth (1955)

He still never met a luna mutant he didn't like!

Several nuclear scientists are brought together by a mysterious man known as Exeter.  He wants their help, but is vague about why.  Smart people realize something is up.  Three of them try to leave, and a strange ray kills one of them.  The other two are taken to Metaluna.  Exeter explains things to them.  The enemy breaks through the energy barrier.  Exeter takes the two Earthlings back, along with the aforementioned mutant.  It wounds Exeter, who lets the Earthlings go.  The spaceship explodes.  The end.

It is not the most exciting movie.  It is good movie, but not quite the epic the makers wanted it to be.  Great cast, though.  I think I would have liked it more had I seen it at a younger age.  It never aired in my area, though.  I loved seeing the miniatures and effects.  They are so distinct nowadays.  I also enjoyed the old Sven schtick.

Next- The Mole People





No comments: