Monday, April 24, 2023

Speed Racer and more

 

I have covered the black and white Japanese cartoons that got imported over here pretty well now, so I think the color ones should get an issue or two.  Right now I have Kimba, the White Lion, Speed Racer and Gigantor all in the same issue, but I may split them up.  I also want to do an issue about Astro Boy, but there have been so many incarnations with that character he will get his own book.  That just might happen with all of them.  Speed already has a great book published some twenty years ago, though it is probably out of print by now.  Their 60th anniversaries are all coming up soon, so we will plan accordingly.

I sure wish I had written down more stuff that Fred Ladd talked about when I met him at the San DIego Comic Con several years ago.

No comments: