Thursday, June 8, 2023

Suzi Quatro- Rock Hard

I saw this album a lot in the local record store, I think it was Budget Tapes and Records.  It stayed there for years, for some reason.  The LP was released in 1980, but I probably saw it after that.  I didn't know that Suzi had been on TV a few years prior as Leather Tuscadero on Happy Days, since I had quit watching that show.  This cover also makes Suzi look like she is 5'4", though if she is 5' I would be amazed.  Knowing how large bass guitars are though, it is now apparent how not tall she is.  The record was not a hit in this country, or much of any other one.  Which is sad, as it is pretty solid.I was introduced to the title song from Times Square (1980) where it was played a lot.  I liked the movie, and loved the soundtrack.  I wonder if that is available now.  Suzi has now been recognized as a pioneer in rock, and her influence on Joan Jett is undeniable.
 

No comments: