Sunday, June 25, 2023

The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976)

 

Former Chief Inspector Dreyfus is finally sane again after spending three years in a sanitarium.  Chief Inspector Clouseau goes to visit Dreyfus, and in about five minutes drives Dreyfus insane again.  This leads to Dreyfus escaping, forming a villainous network, kidnapping a scientist, having said scientist create a death ray and blackmailing the world all in order to kill Clouseau.  Several nations send assassins to eliminate Clouseau, but through dumb luck and accidents, he manages to wipe out all of them.  Finally, Clouseau sneaks into the castle, confronts Dreyfus and defeats the insane villain.  At least until the next sequel.

I saw this at the drive-in when it was released.  I loved the opening, since it was full of homages to movies I had seen or at least heard of.  I sure missed a lot of the adult humor sprinkled throughout the movie.  I had not seen it for many years, and it held up pretty well.  I appreciate all the actors a lot more now, especially knowing more about their lives and situations.  I did mean to watch the movie made before this one, so we could see how Clouseau drove Dreyfus crazy, but it doesn't really matter.

Next on Sven- The Car

No comments: