Thursday, June 1, 2023

The Golden Age Wonder Woman v. 1 (2017)

 

Much like yesterday's Batman book, this is the first year or so of Wonder Woman's appearances.  It took eight months for National Comics to realize they had a huge hit with Wonder Woman after her debut in Sensation Comics #1. In fact- From the Amazon description- "The very first stories of the Amazon Warrior are collected here in WONDER WOMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE VOLUME 1, featuring the adventures of Wonder Woman as she tackles corruption, oppression and cruelty in ALL STAR COMICS #8, COMIC CAVALCADE #1, SENSATION COMICS #1-14 and WONDER WOMAN #1-3."  Since I got the second volume first, I read about half of that already, but now I am going back to see how it all started.

I had the Famous First edition tabloid sized of Sensation Comics #1, which featured all of the comic book, including the back up stories,  I think the Golden Arrow was in there, and maybe Mr. Terrific.  It has been a while since I read it.  I kind of like reading the entire book, but I am enjoying these stories.  I didn't know Etta Candy showed up in the second issue of Sensation.  She was eating a lot already.  Fat jokes abound, alas.  I never knew Etta was such a powerhouse!  Diana should have made her an Amazon, Etta would have fit right in.  

So far Dr, Poison has shown up, and I am relatively sure that Baroness von Gunther will be here soon.  EVERYONE in this book gets tied up. A lot.

No comments: