Thursday, August 24, 2023

Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3 (2023

FROM WIKI- At their new headquarters on Knowhere,[a] the Guardians of the Galaxy are attacked by Adam, a Sovereign warrior created by their high priestess Ayesha, who seeks to destroy the Guardians for stealing from her.[b] After Adam critically wounds Rocket, he is stabbed by Nebula and flees. The Guardians cannot heal Rocket's wounds with their med-packs due to a kill switch embedded in him by Orgocorp, a company helmed by a mad scientist and Rocket's creator, the High Evolutionary. The Guardians travel to Orgocorp's headquarters to find the switch's override code and save Rocket's life.

That's about the gist of it.  I have never been much of a fan of Adam Warlock, and the High Evolutionary is hit and miss.  Marvel never could decide if he was a villain or not.   This movie is not as fun as the first two, but the team is in grief over dead Gamora, even though live Gamora is alive.  What happened to the young Nebula?  I have a lot of questions.  What about the blip?  Did that affect Orgocorp?  I have enjoyed Adam and his mother, and it Rocket's origin makes sense.  Too bad he and Quill have been such obnoxious tools for most of their time in the MCU.

I really like Nebula, and she should get her own series.  I did not see this movie in the theater- my superhero fatigue is a real thing.  Perhaps the second viewing will make me enjoy it more, but right now I think it is in the lower third.  It could have been two movies.

No comments: