Monday, August 14, 2023

Enter The Dragon (1973) 50th anniversary showing

 

I went to see screening of this great movie yesterday.  It was a 4K restoration, and looked and sounded great.  I had never seen a Bruce Lee movie on the big screen, and if you are going to see one, this is it.  It has made me change my mind about the movie in the three days I have been thinking about it.  There is no need to go over the plot at all, since everyone knows it.  The martial arts are all well done, even if Saxon and Kelly pulled a few of their kicks here and there (that is a thing martial artists look for at at times).  Leonard Maltin introduced the movie, and did a fine job.

What struck me was how well the actors did, and even the ones that didn't have many or any lines.  Yang Sze and Angela Mao Ying spring to mind, since they said nothing in the movie, but dominated the scenes they were in.  This movie could really have been bad, all things considered, but it came together perfectly.  I sure wish that Lee and Mao Ying had been able to make a movie where they team in the same scene.

I don't know how long this is going to be screened, but if you can, go see it.

No comments: