Sunday, August 27, 2023

Hey Kids! Movies!

 

Back in my day... this was home video, and it was film!  They cost a ridiculous amount of money for 3-11 minutes of film.  And we loved them!  I had about seven of these movies, black and white and silent.  It did not matter a bit to me at the time.  I could watch part of a Godzilla movie any time I wanted.  That made it even better.  I even got a Super 8mm/8mm movie projector so I could get more movies.  I believe it was a Christmas present, but after forty plus years I do not remember any more.

I did have the 200' version of When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth.  I still think that is the best version of the movie.  I always wanted to expand my collection.  Who knew home video was around the corner.  I am kind of glad I did not get more of these movies now.  Still, it was a fun way to spend a few hours on a Friday night.

No comments: