Thursday, January 4, 2024

The Phantom and Diana

Here we see the Phantom and Diana relaxing between adventures.  I am sure this did not happen very often, at least in the newspaper strips.  If they were in the Skull Cave Kit could have taken his mask off, at least.  That couldn't have been comfortable to wear ALL the time.  I mean, did he sleep in it?  Be that as it may, this is a fun little bit of "ordinary days" that one does not get to see much of in comic strips or books featuring heroes and villains.  It was a big deal when the New Teen Titans did a whole issue where nothing earth-shattering happened.

I like those slices of life.  There are plenty of conversations I would love to hear heroes talk about.  I mean, does Guran make the Phantom's food?  Who takes care of Hero?  What does Devil eat, and when?  I recently found out that the "Kit Walker" name didn't exist until after the Phantom serial was made.  That was a neat bit of trivia.
 

No comments: