Thursday, January 18, 2024

Rick's little sister?

 

The Young Ones debuted on MTV in 1985, a year after it had ended on England.  MTV was able to broadcast all twelve episodes once a week on Wednesday, though they must have shown it on Saturday or Sundays nights as well.  That is my memory, anyway.  Wiki says it was edited for content, but I don't believe that, either.  I recorded all the episode in EP speed on one VHS tape, which lasted longer than I thought it would have.  This is where I learned that British shows had different runs than US shows.

I forgot why I started this- mostly to show the picture one of my friends sent me some thirty years ago.  He had the quote from Rick as well.  I loved using this hand gesture, since most people in the US do not understand what it means.  I still use it now!  Thanks Rick!

No comments: