Sunday, January 28, 2024

Pinkymaniacs Live (2024)

 

Last night I journeyed up to the thriving Metropolis of Loveland,CO to see Animaniacs Live.  It was billed as starring Rob PaulsenMaurice LaMarche and Randy Rogel. However, Maurice was not there, which was a bummer, but the show was still great.  It was Rob and Randy, who was the composer of many of the songs.  He played and sang the parts that Rob did not.  I am only familiar with a few of the songs from the Animaniacs, and really, none of the ones they did for Histeria!, so it was like a brand new performance for me.  They held a meet and greet after, and did not leave until everyone that wanted a picture or something signed.  Since I had planned in advance, I got this done, plus Rob's book Voice Lessons.  That may have been the most fun part.

I cannot play the piano very well, if at all now, so I was in awe of Randy's performance.  I got to tell him that.  He is as great as Tom Lehrer, who I also greatly admire.  They were both very nice and down to Earth people, and chatted with me for a few minutes.  I am ever so glad I went.  I will go again if Maurice shows up!

No comments: