Thursday, June 13, 2024

Lost Retromania Show review


 Back on May 19th I drove south to Aurora to attend a Retromedia show.  It was to see Wesley Eure and Kathy Coleman of Land of the Lost fame.   Turns out that Ernie Reyes Jr. was there, along with Sid Krofft, so there goes all my money!  I had not been to any sort of shows like this in a long time, nearly ten years, so I was looking forward to it.  Also, the tickets were not expensive at all.  I knew stars were now charging for signatures and pictures etc, so I had budgeted for that.  Sid was the surprise guest, but since I had been watching so many of his shows my life, and he is 94 years old, I needed an autograph from him as well.  You can see it over there in the upper right hand corner.  He was great to talk to as well.

I was nervous meeting Kathy and Wesley.  This rarely happens, but it did that day.  However, after chatting with them for a few moments, they put me at ease, and were just two normal people.  By the time Kathy was signing her book for me, Wesley and I were teasing her about how to spell my name.  They were both wonderful people and well worth the time to go meet.  We do have an issue featuring The Land of the Lost coming up (50 year anniversary this year) and I will be getting them an issue.

No comments: