Monday, January 16, 2023

Into The Spider-verse (2018)

On Earth 1610 (as near as I can tell) The Kingpin wants to contact his dead wife and son.  Somethings never change, no matter what universe you are in.  Spider-Man tries to stop him, but fails.  Really fails.  The Kingpin kills Spidey.  It is a good thing that Miles Morales has been bit by another radioactive spider and gains similar spider powers.  The Kingpin's gizmo to open other universes causes five more Spider people to enter Earth 1610, and they all have to work together to stop Wilson Fisk and return each of them to their proper homes.  Miles also has to come to terms with his powers and new role.

I saw this in 2018 and enjoyed it a lot.  Enough that I bought it on Blu Ray later on.  I just watched it again last night.  The blarney with the origin and introducing new characters in the first 30 minutes is a bit tedious to get through, but I suppose it is necessary.  Once the plot really kicks in, the movie gets much better.  I'm not a fan of alternate versions, but these are different enough to easily keep track of.   The sequel might be a little more involved, but I'll deal.   I like the interplay with all the spider-characters, and the voice cast is quite good.  It was great to see Aunt May clobber Tombstone.

The disc has all kinds of extras on it as well.  Watching this makes me realize how much Spider-Man means to me.  Peter Parker has been in my life for as long as I can, and have been though the good and the bad.  It is nice to see mostly good now.
 

No comments: