Thursday, January 19, 2023

Night Court 2023

 

Night Court was a hit in the 80s, and I watched it sporadically over the course of its network run.  It was never a rerun priority for me.  I liked the cast and the humor was generally pretty funny.  It was something fun to watch, but I was never a big fan.  It ended, the stars moved on and several passed on from this mortal veil.  I would never have thought it would get a direct sequel.  And here we are.

Sequels don't always work twenty or thirty years later.  I do prefer them over a remake, though.  Continuity is nice, really.  This show... tried too hard to live up to the original, and went a little overboard trying to prove how weird night courts could be.  The cast is good, though they are also trying to duplicate the lovable weirdness of the originals.  I hope a few cameos will happen.  I never even knew Harry got married.  If they slow down and breathe a bit, this could get a lot funnier.

No comments: