Monday, February 27, 2023

Emi, the ball popper!

 

Emerald Sage is gentle loving cat.  She purrs easily and loudly when she's happy, which is most all the time.  She's still active, even though she is over seven years old now.  That is a senior cat.  Kaida is the cause of most of her exercise.  She doesn't like to be picked up and held, but loves to be petted.  She is a rare gem and I love her.

So I got an exercise ball chair for a Yuletide present.  It has been great, and it keeps my core muscles exercising, since you have to be careful about sitting properly.  Else one might fall OFF the ball.  Now I knew having two cats and an inflated rubber ball in the house might be dangerous to the ball.  But for over two months, the cats generally ignored it.  Until yesterday.

Emerald wanted some attention- mostly wanted some head pets and scratches.  This isn't anything unusual, she's never clawed into the ball.  However, she then stretched out.  A claw caught the ball, and it popped.

The noise startled her- both the pop and the sudden hiss of air coming out of the ball.  The ball is probably toast.  I tried a patch, but it didn't work.  It will cost me about $30 to replace it.  I have to remember this is still cheaper than sending her to college.

And no way would I not have cats.



No comments: