Saturday, February 18, 2023

DAM poster


Pretty sure this is going to the the cover of Xenorama #50, since what else would I use?  It is nice and colorful, but dang, it really could have been better.  Just tell me which monster is Godzilla?  Yeah, I know which one it is supposed to be, but only two of the beasts on the poster look like their movie counterparts.  At least the spaceship and the saucer are correct.  The poster has grown on me, and it will catch the eye.  A little more detail, and having Godzilla front and center would really help, though.  AIP had to have gotten some Japanese material from Toho, right?

This issue is nearly finished, and I think it is pretty great so far.  I am thinking for the 50th issue we will be releasing it in both color and black and white, since it is a special issue.  I hadn't thought I would be publishing this many issues when I started 30+ years ago.  And yet, here we are.

No comments: