Sunday, February 26, 2023

Sven- War of the Gargantuas

 

Two brothers have different temperaments and eating issues.  One likes humans, one does not.  This eventually leads the green one into conflict with people.  His brown brother, Sanda, tends to stay out of sight of people and also is a vegetarian, or so it inferred.  Sanda tries to rehabilitate his brother, Gaira, but alas, Gaira's taste for people won't abate.  The brothers then fight all over Japan, ending up in Tokyo.  Fighting off into the ocean, an erupting volcano takes care of the brothers.

I will admit I was wrong, I thought for sure Sven would air the Toho version, but there was the original US dub with Russ Tamblyn's voice.  I don't recall Sven talking about the other dub, but I may have missed it.  He talked about Kipp Hamiliton, which was nice to see.  Not sure when he first screened this print, but it looked great.  The song was meh.

Next week- Curse of the Werewolf

No comments: