Saturday, February 4, 2023

Godzilla vs. Megalon pin

Godzilla vs. Megalon was released in Japan in 1973.  It took three years to be released in the States, and when it was, it was a big success.  We here at Xenorama will be celebrating the movie with a special issue later on in the year.  It is one of my favorite Godzilla films.  I saw it at age 11, which was the perfect age to see this movie.  We will explore all sorts of things about this film, so look forward to it!  It is always fun to be able to watch these movies for "research."  I hope that excuse works!  Here is a pin from the movie, apparently these were given away at various theaters in 1976.

There was some promotional material for this movie when it was released in 1976.  However, none of that made it to my area, and I had to purchase it later on from eBay.  That was when it was the world's largest garage sale.  I also got a couple of the comic books- can you call four pages a book?- as well.  I am kind of glad to have gotten them later, since I would have read my copy to pieces, and traced all the characters over and over for drawings.  I would have loved it though.
 

No comments: