Wednesday, February 15, 2023

RIP Raquel Welch

 

Raquel Welch passed on today at the age of 82.  She leaves behind an incredible legacy of movies, song and television appearances.  She has been part of my life since I saw her in One Million Years, BC (1966) even though I didn't know who she was at the time.  After I did learn of her, I would watch most every movie that aired if I saw her name in it.  She was good in everything she did.  I strongly suspect that she was one of the three major influences on the women I find attractive in my life.  She was a great actress, and had excellent comedy timing to go along with her dramatic chops.

While reading her filmography, I was surprised at how many of her movies I have seen.  My favorite is of course her dinosaur movie, but I loved her in The Three Musketeers and enjoyed her performance in Kansas City Bomber.  It isn't a great movie, but she does a good job.  RIP Raquel, and thank you.

No comments: