Sunday, September 3, 2023

The NEW Fantastic Four

 

I have now watched two episodes of this show.  When you know more about the history, it isn't that bad at all.  I am still baffled by adding a robot, instead of changing Johnny Storm to Donny Storm and making him the Living Flame or something like that.  Or use a Hydro-Man type of character.  Water is allegedly safer than fire, most of the time.  I mean, I get that robots were ever so popular after Star Wars, but HERBIE could have been used as the HQ staff, or whatever.  A secondary character.

Also, if HERBIE was the newest member, why is he on the spaceship? The voice actors are good, but the villains play their roles a bit over the top.  I remember thinking it was cool to see Magneto for the first time, and the writing was funny at times.  Ted Cassidy as Ben Grimm is a hoot as well.  It should not be so reviled amongst FF iterations.  It is still better than three out of four movies.

No comments: