Thursday, September 7, 2023

Yellowbeard (1983)

 

Yellowbeard the Pirate got imprisoned for tax reasons, but no amount of coercion could make him reveal where he hid his treasure.  Yellowbeard escapes, with authorities following him on his way to said treasure.  Many adventures and much silliness happen on the way there.  There is betrayal, sex, booze and more adult nonsense as well.

I saw this in the theater when it was released.  I have far more memories of the date I was on than the movie itself.  We saw it on the Pearl Street Mall, went to Old Chicago for dinner, had pizza and a big cookie with ice cream.  

I started watching this last night, and it is exactly like watching a new movie.  I remember exactly one scene.  The first part has a lot of jokes about, uh, passionate hugging.  That has not really aged well.

No comments: