Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Immortal MOTW- Caltiki

 

I'll admit it, blob monsters scare me.  It doesn't matter how silly the movie is (like Son of Blob) the concept always works for me.  Something like this could actually exist, especially from space.  My logical brain knows it's probably not feasible, but sometimes that small part makes me think "there could be some goop that is going to drop down on me and that's all there is!" Fortunately that has never happened.  But there is always the chance it could...

Caltiki is not the best example of a blob monster.  It is a bit too disjointed, with too many plot elements to keep track of at times.  The monster itself looks pretty good, but it's origin is a mess.  It is destroyed by fire, rather than ice, like the original Blob.  There is a nice Blu Ray of it out, and it's worth a look if you don't have to pay for it.

No comments: