Wednesday, March 17, 2021

MOTW- Reptilicus

 

A frozen tail of an unknown prehistoric animal is found in the oil fields of Denmark.  Miraculously, the tail is alive, and when accidentally thawed grows into the monstrous Reptilicus.  It is naturally hungry and goes on a rampage in Copenhagen.  The military is reluctant to destroy it, as it's pieces could grow into even more reptilici, and that might be bad for the planet.  Eventually it is poisoned and dies.  Except for the claw that had been blown off...

I think my love of this movie has been well documented here and other places.  If I had what are called "guilty pleasures" this might be one of those.  Good thing I don't feel that way.  Sure, it's not a great movie, but it is fun, and you get to see a nice amount of Copenhagen from 1961.  And how many Danish monster movies are there?

I do wish the Blu Ray of the movie had both versions, but alas, it's paired with the awful Tentacles (1977) and I can't see buying it.  I also love octopi, but that movie is not good.  It pains me to say that, actually.

No comments: