Monday, March 22, 2021

Avengers #57 (reprint edition)

 

I bought this yesterday.  This is the first appearance of the modern Vision, who was created by Roy Thomas and John Buscema.  He was a pawn of Ultron-5 at the time, but that changed quickly.  His past remained a mystery for several years, until Steven Englehart took over the book roughly 50 issues later.  That was a great story, I'll tell you what.  The Vision quickly became my favorite Marvel hero, if not my favorite superhero of all time.

Both Marvel and DC have been reprinting what they consider "key" stories from their past.  I've found that most of these comic books are released to coincide with other movie events, but I don't really care about the reasons.  They are well done and include all the ads and letters.  I miss letter pages. 

No comments: