Friday, March 26, 2021

Falcon and the Winter Soldier- 1 New World Order

 

I am not the biggest spy movie fan.  I like some of them, but for the most part espionage just bores me.  It can be too real, I guess, for wont of a better word.  However, I did quite enjoy Captain America: The Winter Soldier when I saw it.  When I first heard about it, and found out Bucky was alive, well... let's just say I was not best pleased.  Bucky had been one of the few people in the Marvel Universe that had stayed dead.  I get why they brought him back, but really, I didn't and still don't like it much.   But the movie was really well done, and Civil War was also pretty great.  So for the MCU, it's fine he's alive.  I am sure Disney is very relieved to know they have my blessing.
I've known the Falcon for almost as long as I have known Captain America.  I didn't find out about his hideous green suit for quite a while though.  The red one is just so much cooler.  I'm glad that in this new series, his wings look more like actual wings, rather than the metal ones he had in the movies.

The first episode is the set up, and it has more action in it than WandaVision's first 8 episodes or so.  I enjoyed it.  However, in the comic books it's never been a good sign when a new Captain America shows up.  This guy can't have the super soldier serum in him.  

I am still waiting for Uncle Ben to be brought back to life.

No comments: