Saturday, March 13, 2021

The Best of Josie and the Pussycats

 

Much like Sabrina, I did not read many of these comic books growing up either.  I sure did love both the cartoon series, as has been well documented in this blog and also in the zine.  I also love the movie, and was incredibly happy to find out it's a really good film.  I wish I had seen it in the theater.  I was sure it was going to be a dud with crappy music.  Boy, was I happy to be wrong.

The comic book, at least in it's original run, was very similar to the Archies and Sabrina, with the music added in. Also, Alexandra was a witch, sorta.  That was dropped for the cartoons.  

I know Josie has been updated a bit, but fortunately I don't have to read those comics or watch the show.  I don't mind changes, except when they change the actual character inside.  I hate no one liking each other or there always being a hidden motive for everyone.

No comments: