Thursday, March 11, 2021

Sabrina, the Teenage Witch Complete Collection


I never read many Archie comic books, at least not compared to superheroes.  That was my wheelhouse.  I never bought one in my younger days.  I found them at friends' houses, if they had kids.  There was usually a stack of comic books somewhere that I could peruse. I did read them, but they were always placed after the superhero comic books, even if I had read those many times.  They were always above the Richie Rich/Casper books, though.  I never realized Archie Comics had actually published superheroes at one time, even though some showed up in the books here and there.

Sabrina in her earliest stories was not the goody goody that she later morphed into.  She was drawn far sexier and had the devil in her eyes.  Her increased popularity made her become a reluctant witch, since at the time nearly all witches were supposed to be bad.

This is a fun volume of all her early adventures, and much of her backstory was filled in as they went along.  Continuity was never much of a thing to Archie, as they always had the same misunderstanding nearly every issue.  There is a volume 2 out,  but it seems to be OOP now.

No comments: