Saturday, April 16, 2022

The Harlem Globetrotters (1970)

 

I watched this cartoon all the time.  I think I remember it more since it ran two seasons, which was unusual for a Hanna-Barbera series back then.  I loved it, and it probably inspired me to play basketball (I am terrible at that game, I'm a swimmer by nature).  It was fun, and eventually they teamed up with the Scoobies a few times  I enjoyed that as well.  However, once the show left the air and these Trotters aged out of the team I lost interest.  And never saw or heard about the cartoon again.  I remembered it when The Super Globetrotters were showing, but somehow that wasn't as much fun.  I think I knew they had stolen their powers from the Impossibles.

Thankfully, the internet and YouTube have come to my rescue.  Plenty of information about the show is there.  YouTube has many of the episodes as well, in pretty good shape to boot!  They are pretty fun, but I do not remember a single episode at all.  I am glad it has survived for 50 years.  The Globetrotters are still at it, and beating the same team all these years later.

No comments: