Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Mysterious Island Dell Comics

Dell Comics sure licensed a lot of adaptions of movies and TV shows.  I have a few of these that I have collected here and there.  I was never that impressed with the artwork, as I was preferred the dynamic stuff from Marvel and DC.  I also didn't know that most of the adaptions were done before the movie was released, and generally based on scripts, rather than the actual movie.  I haven't read this one, nor do I really have any urge to obtain a copy of it.  I like the movie just fine these days.  It's a well done adventure.

In the stop-motion issues of Xenorama I have tried to show some of these adaptions.  They are rare these days, though I found many of them at the San Diego Comic Con in the 90s, and gave them to a friend of mine.  I bet he never read them, though I am sure he treasures the books, since they are Harryhausen items.
 

No comments: