Saturday, September 10, 2022

Taschen - Wonder Woman (2007)

 

I love these little Taschen books.  The books are a history of whatever character or team and are pretty thorough.  Despite being in existence for over 80 years, Wonder Woman has a lot less history in other media than the rest of the Trinity.  This book was done in 2015, so it doesn't contain Diana's newest movie or cartoon incarnations.  So there is a lot of talk about the comic books and how Diana and her cast of characters have changed of those 80 years.  Which is fun, since I have not read that many Wonder Woman stories over the years.  I tried in the 70s when the television show was on, but DC set her back in the 40s, then the show went to the 70s.   I really didn't pay much attention to her until Perez took over her book after the Crisis.

And after the 90s nonsense happened, I quit reading most books altogether.  I loved the Diana of the Justice League though.  Which leads me to my only real complaint about this book: The short shrift given to her media appearances.  The ultra bad "Who's Afraid of Diana Prince" is in here, as well as Super Friends and the Lynda Carter show, but none of her other animated appearances are talked about.  Sad.  Wonder Tot and Wonder Girl are also here.  Paul Levitz wrote the book, and it is only 200 pages.  It is good, but this lapse is a little weird.

No comments: