Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Teen Titans go vs Teen Titans (2019)

 

The Teen Titans Go team gets brought to an intra-dimensional game board by the Gamesmaster Master of Games to battle some other universe's Teen Titans. The long game is that The Master, who is Trigon in disguise, wants Go Raven's demon soul.  Go Trigon is helping original Trigon accomplish this.  Both Ravens end up with both Trigons, and the two teams have to get along to find their friends before Trigon can become real again.  This leads to crossing over to many universes and seeing meeting many other versions of the Titans (always the same members, no Wonder Girl, Aqua Lad, Speedy, etc).  Finally Raven accepts her demon side (shades of The Wizard of Earthsea) and every one says goodbye.

When there's trouble you know who to call... I have a complicated history with the original Teen Titans show, since the faux anime look really put me off.  After watching the entire run, I did actually enjoy it quite a bit.  I never followed up with the newer series, since it truly looked ridiculous.  The whole movie is rather silly, but I had low expectations so I did enjoy it.  I did like seeing the 70s versions of the Titans, and they paid homage to George Perez a few times.  That was nice, even if he hadn't passed on yet.  It was a lot of fun, but I am glad it was only $5.

No comments: