Thursday, September 8, 2022

Devilman (1973)

 

Yet another spoiler for a future issue of Xenorama- an issue featuring some of the creations of Go Nagai.  I have enjoyed all of the cartoons he has created, though some more than others.  Devilman was one I always wanted to see when I was growing up, though it might have been a bit too intense for me back then. When I finally got the Hong Kong set I did enjoy it a lot.  And this was with the rather unusual subtitles it had.  They were kind of in English.  But the picture look great and the sound was good, so I was happy.  I had seen some of the newer Devilman adaptions, and they were bloody and gross, so I don't remember much about them.

I did get the DiscoTek DVD set, which is great, and I see they are releasing a Blu Ray set in the near future.  I probably will pass on that, though.  Seems a lot of money for 39 episodes.  Maybe if it was one disc with standard definition I would be interested. 

No comments: