Friday, September 2, 2022

She-Hulk 03- The People vs Emil Blonksky

 

In which Jen actually gets Emil out on parole.  Is this actually wise?  The world may never know.  She talks to Wong, the Master of the Mystic Arts. Sorcerer Supreme is here as the guest star, explaining the cage fight in Shang Chi to our satisfaction.  Seems he chose to fight the Abomination as part of his becoming the Sorcerer Supreme.  He testifies as such, but the lawyers are upset Wong confessed to liberating Emil, which is rather illegal.  Wong then teleports out of the prison.  The second story about a shape shifting elf from New Asgard ends properly.  Finally, the Wrecking Crew shows up, which gives us a small fight.  Seems like they want a sample of Jen's blood and they have a mysterious "boss".  This is intriguing, to say the least, since in the old school days, Loki created the Wrecker and his crew.

Jen really thinks she can be a regular lawyer.  Everyone keeps telling her that ain't gonna happen now.  She finally realizes this by the end of this episode.  I quite enjoyed the whole thing, but my lack of current pop culture comes into play when I have no idea who this Megan Thee Stallion is.  Nice cameo, though.  I loved seeing Wong again.  A buddy series with him and some others might be fun.  For the life of me I never, and I mean NEVER thought I would see the Wrecking Crew in live action.  Unless they were from Minnesota, don'tcha know.  

I have read some viewers are upset that Shulkie's episodes are so short.  What a bunch of whiners!  We get nine episodes, same as WandaVision, which is about the same as the 45 minute six episode series.  Jebus, some people can't be happy at all.

No comments: