Wednesday, November 3, 2021

KING of the MOTW- Godzilla

 

I can't believe I have been doing the "Monster of the week" for almost ten years, and Godzilla was not the first monster, nor has ever been a monster of the week.  So it is fortunate that it is Godzilla Day that the King gets featured here.  I am lucky that I can remember the first Godzilla movie I ever saw, where I was, and where the movie was screened.  It also happened to be my first King Kong movie and my first giant octopus movie, so I got a great start.  There really isn't a lot to write about Godzilla, but that hasn't ever stopped me once. 

 It's fun to think that Toho had NO idea what they were creating back then, either.  They just wanted to tell a good story.  That first one is not my favorite Godzilla movie, but it's historical importance cannot be denied.  I mean, 67 years later here we are, still enjoyed his movies.  Here's to another 67!  All Hail the King of the Monsters!

No comments: