Thursday, November 11, 2021

Thor (2011)

 

I did review this movie a while ago, and haven't seen it since that time.  I enjoyed it quite a bit more this time.  Goodbye, pickle! 

So the main point I didn't like from this movie, or the sequel, is the casting of Natalie Portman as Dr. Jane Foster.  Nothing against her, but the role was a not a good fit for her.   I did like her performance in What If...? so I have a slight hope that she will be better in the upcoming sequel.  But I ain't holding my breath.  

The good parts of the movie are really good, though I do think it tried too hard to be epic.  Once again, the movie is loaded with characters and could have been almost two movies.  I would still love to see a Sif and the Warriors Three movie, that could be a great swashbuckler.  I'm glad she will be back as well.

No comments: