Friday, November 19, 2021

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

 

I really enjoyed this movie.  Of course, it has the Vision making his debut, and even though I wish they had said something about using Professor Horton's amazing android (see Cap's first movie) it all worked out just fine.  What struck me the most while watching it this time was all the foreshadowing that began here.  The whole "why can only Thor lift Mjolner" scene is really great.  There might by one other Avenger who can lift the hammer, but he wisely decides not to let anyone else in on it.  Heimdall referring to Hel showing up.   All sorts of things I missed the first time around.  I do wish that Hank Pym would have been involved in the creation of Ultron as well, but in the MCU he is a hero from the previous generation.

As I have stated, I had some trepidation about how the Vision would be portrayed, but Paul Bettis is amazing.  I know why they killed Pietro, since they had to split the twins up between Marvel and Fox.  It was still a bummer, though.  This is another movie that could have been cut in two, there is a lot going on.  I never did see the chemistry between Bruce and Tasha, though they sure tried.  I also never noticed that Clint named his new son Nathaniel Pietro, which is very touching.  I am looking forward to the new Hawkeye miniseries.  I still wish he had called Cap "Methuselah" just once.

Next up- the Astonishing Ant-man (well, the second one)!

No comments: