Sunday, November 7, 2021

Sven- Munster, Go Home! (1966)

 

The print Sven aired tonight was amazing.  It had to be from the Blu Ray that Shout Factory released last year.  That was my first reaction.  As mentioned earlier, I have seen this movie many times.  The Munsters were never my favorite comedy monsters, I always preferred the Addams Family.  I watched a lot of the episodes though, as both were aired all the time all over the country.  I also saw the movie a few times during summer kiddie matinee shows.  It was always a crowd pleaser with that particular audience.  When watching it on television it always seemed rather long to me, since the commercials had to be factored in.

Sven must have cut a bit of it out, since it runs 96 minutes, and he has to do the intros and exits that he always does.  It went by quickly, and he always has the fun facts about the movie.  It was the car race that could easily be trimmed out, as it went on and on and on.  It's a pretty gentle comedy movie, with mild suspense and no scares, despite the ostensible monsters.

No comments: