Thursday, November 25, 2021

Hawkeye 01- Never Meet Your Heroes

 

We take a small break from our MCU marathon to watch the first episode of Hawkeye.  I forgot it was starting yesterday.  I only watched the first episode, and it was fun.  It basically set up the origin Hawkette, or Ronin, Jr, or whatever they are not going to call her, for the rest of the show.  It's nice that she was inspired by Hawkeye from the first Avengers movie.  And the passage of time suddenly makes us realize that was over eight years ago.  I am really glad to see Clint and his family, and that he actually has a hearing aid.  One would think exposed ears around all those explosions would cause hearing loss in most superheroes.  Having read Hawk's first miniseries I know how he lost most of his hearing.  Is his wife named Bobbi?  That would be a nice touch.

I really want to see the entire Avengers musical now.  It looks pretty gloriously awful.  I know that the White Widow (please don't let that be her name) will show up, since she has been told Hawk is responsible for Tasha's death.  I sure hope the Contessa gets her just due soon!  At least they are having both characters in some purple.

No comments: